To Donate To The Sassy Blonde

Click HERE to be linked to her GoFund Donation page. Thank you for your support.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Heavenly Laze before Surgery Craze

Sunday Funday became a Sunday Lazy day.

I woke up not feeling well. I couldn't sleep last night because I was up all night with a stuffy nose. The kind that you just can't blow and is stuck up all in your head. So when I finally did sleep, I slept all day. My mum and I had a girls day planned but it was put on halt. It was good though because she got one of her homework assignments done. (She's in school online to upgrade her degree.)

I hung out all day with my sis in the living room. I think she was recovering from Peach Fest where she went to see Lotus. I watched "Stepbrothers" with Will Ferrell and it was hilarious, as well as "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Jen Aniston. I needed a chill day where I didn't have to think and spending it with Natter Batter was the icing on the cake.

Thats when my mum reminded me I would help her with her assignment. Power point anyone? UGH how I don't miss those, but my mum was so excited when I finished it for her. Hmmm assisted her, in case her prof reads this ::wink wink::. Hahah Nah jk she's a smart cookie.


Today was another chill day. I have my surgery tomorrow and my game face is on. Mummeth made my favorite dinner (Almond crusted salmon.) Its actually so good. We then went to Target. I would definitely consider it one of my happy places. We needed new sheets for my bedroom. My sister when she crawled into bed with me this morning said
"Courtney, we really are the typical blonde vs. brunette siblings. I walk into your room and there is so much light. Everything is white, its like I'm in Heaven."
Hahah Her room has deep dark brown walls and mine have white crown molding half way up with a very light grey. Her windows let no light in because of the deep brown suede curtains and mine are white sheer. She has dark mahogany furniture and I have white. Tonight at Targert, we got a white eyelet duvet and sheets I've been wanting which are very cottage chic. We went with the pink sheets to mix it up a bit. Dexter looks just stunning laying on my bed, not that he didn't before but he loves the new look.

We got home from target and I scrubbed down in the shower. I chatted for a bit with the crush, he's kind of a babe, just the sweetest. I had to pound fluids until midnight. I hate NPO (Nothing by mouth), and had left over salmon right at 11:45. I also indulged in a little carrot cake. While doing something upstairs this afternoon, my mum and I didn't even hear what we have dubbed "The Carrot Cake Bandit." This person snuck in, left two pieces on the counter and disappeared with out a trace. Whomever you are, thank you for enabling my addiction ;)

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I have my surgery. Its at 8:30 am. We leave the house at 6:30 and I wait. I'll be awake through the procedure (sedated but awake.) They do this so they don't hit any nerves in my spine or something like that. (I'm not impressed by the sound of this). I told them I didn't want to know that much about it beforehand because to be honest I'm scared $#!%less. That time I awoke from surgery at Toronto Sick Kids has me scarred and the panic attacks are getting ready to come out and play in full force. It will be interesting.

Until then, I'm in bed, cozy in my new sheets. Reading the new Cosmo and Shape and ready to rock and roll. It will be go time. I will be scared but I can do this. One step closer to starting treatment. One step closer to living my life again, to get back to being... me.

2 comments: